Electricity Acts and regulations
This content has been archived and may not be current. For the latest information please search this site.
Superseded Acts and Regulations referring to the safe supply and use of electricity.
The definition of Electrical Installation was amended by the Electricity Industry Act 2010.
- Electrity Amendment Act - Published 04 December 2006 [233 KB PDF]
An Act to amend the Electricity Act 1992. This act resulted from the Energy Safety Reform Bill which resulted in Energy Safety legislation changes.
- Integrated Electricity Regulations 1997 - Published 18 December 2002 [220 KB PDF, 73 pages]
This document covers the Electricity Amendment Regulations 1999 and the Electricity Amendment Regulations 2002 as at April 2003.
Date of notification in Gazette: 10 April 1997.
- Electricity Amendment Regulations 2002 - Published 16 December 2002 [61 KB PDF, 36 pages]
This document relates to section 169 of the Electricity Act 1992.
Date of notification in Gazette: 18 December 2002.
- Summary: Electricity Regulations 1997 - Published 16 December 2002 [124 KB PDF, 11 pages]
A summary of amendments to the Electricity Regulations 1997.
- The Electricity Amendment Regulations 2002 - Published 12 December 2002 [386 KB PDF, 4 pages]
During 2001 and 2002, Energy Safety consulted widely on proposals to amend the electricity regulations. The results of this extensive consultation are reflected in the regulation changes contained in this publication.
- Proposed Amendments to the Electricity Regulations 1997 - Discussion Paper 2 - Published 20 August 2002 [158 KB PDF, 20 pages]
This discussion paper sought the input into proposed changes to the Electricity Regulations 1997 (the Regulations).
The amendments proposed in this paper were raised after those identified in the May 2001 discussion paper. These were accepted to lead to a separate amendment to the Electricity Regulations 1997 from that currently being considered by Government.
- Proposed Amendments to the Electricity Regulations 1997 - Published 20 February 2002 [99 KB PDF, 4 pages]
The Government has approved amendments to the Electricity Regulations 1997. The amendments follow two discussion papers, one distributed for public comment in May 2001.
- Electrical Appliances and Fittings - Published 31 March 2000 [14 KB PDF, 3 pages]
The document summarises safety obligations in respect of electrical appliances and fittings. It is provided as a guide only, in any cases of doubt, the relevant legislation should be consulted.
- Appliance Regime Review - Published 31 March 2000 [36 KB PDF, 9 pages]
This document explains developments in the electrical and gas appliance regimes, and highlighted some important changes and sought views on proposals for the future.